Last Wednesday M-E moved to 7-1 on the season with a 4-1 victory over Rockport at home. Jessie Miller remains undefeated at number two singles with a 6-1, 6-2 win. Lilly Coote outlasted her opponent at number three singles in a three-hour-long battle, 4-6, 7-6, 7-5. Number one doubles duo Parker Brooks and Gracie Susko also went to three sets in their match, winning 6-3, 3-6, 6-3. Number one singles stalwart Stephanie Pratt won her match 6-0, 6-0. Number two tandem Emma Francouer and Emery Weber-Provost fell 3-6, 5-7. On Thursday, in a nail-biter, M-E prevailed over Amesbury 3-2 in an away match. Highlights included two three-set matches at number three singles and number two doubles. At three singles, M-E sophomore Sophie Zalosh, playing in her first varsity match, took senior Kanthi Patel of Amesbury to three sets after dropping the first set 3-6. Zalosh won a close second set 7-5 but ultimately fell in a third set tie-breaker. The second doubles match proved to be the deciding point in the team match. The M-E tandem of Emma Francoeur and Emery Weber-Provost split the first two sets with the Amesbury team of Allie Labrecque and Renee Vachon, 6–2, 2-6. Francoeur and Weber-Provost prevailed in the third, with Francoeur serving out the match at 6-3. The Hornets face North Reading at home this Tuesday.
We are always interested to learn about news happening in Cape Ann. Click here to let us know what is going on around your part of town.
Already a Print Subscriber?
Do you have a print subscription but haven’t provided your email address to date? Fill out this form so we can make sure you have access to everything in the digital version of The Cricket.
If you're not sure, fill out this form and we will verify or change your email address on file.
- Thursday, June 17 - Meet author David Tory at The Bookshop of Beverly Farms
- Friday June 18 - Town Birthday Celebration at Masconomo Park from 5 to 8 p.m.
- Starting Saturday, June 19-21: Mayflower's Fuller Shallop Visits Maritime Gloucester
- Thursday, June 24 - Meet author Patricia Hanlon at the Bookshop of Beverly Farms
- Sunday, July 4 - Boat Parade in Manchester Harbor at 3pm
- Outdoor Dining Prompts Lively Debate
- MBTS Police Update: Unusually Busy May For Fitzgerald
- Virginia Lee Burton and the Folly Cove Designers
- Sticking With It: ME Lacrosse Teams Look For Strong Finish to 2021
- Class of 2021 Senior Graduation Parade
- What do we do now?
- Diamonds In The Rough: Hopes High After Rocky Start for Baseball and Softball Teams
- Manchester’s “375+1” Celebration In 2021
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Help Me Understand June 4
- The Waterline - June 2021