An early morning snow dusted up the coastline early this week, greeting the first week of the New Year. On her morning walk to Singing Beach in Manchester, Bailey Buchanan shot this photograph on her phone. A cool stunner. Buried in the curl, behind the froth, was an early surfer for a frigid run. This was the site of the Manchester Polar Plunge, which pulled a small group to mostly watch the winter New Year’s plunge. Don Schwartz sent in some photos of the event, where a black lab delighted viewers by taking the plunge to monitor a paddleboarder just off the beach.
Already a Print Subscriber?
Do you have a print subscription but haven’t provided your email address to date? Fill out this form so we can make sure you have access to everything in the digital version of The Cricket.
If you're not sure, fill out this form and we will verify or change your email address on file.
- All Good Things — Essex’s ERBA Comes to an End
- A Letter to the Editor: "Don’t Drink the Kool Aid"
- John Lowell (Jack) Gardner
- DPW, Conservation Commission and North Shore Garden Club Create Pollinator Habitat Test Plot
- Proposed Manchester 40B Project Review Continues on Multiple Fronts
- Manchester and Essex Police Notes Through January 10th
- Cindy Gibeley
- Future Development Options in the Limited Commercial District
- Det. Sgt. (Ret.) Kenneth Stanley Sucharski
- Rev. Fr. Kyriakos “Kerry” Saravelas
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.